Friday, December 27, 2013

The Best-laid plans...

Sometimes the best-laid plans fail to come to fruition.  That’s how it turned out on Christmas Eve with my publisher, with a last minute copyright snag that saw me reviewing and signing off on a variety of legal points.   I realize it’s meant to protect the author but a little more notice could of helped!

As it was I got all of the legalese put to bed late on the 24th of December, and unfortunately too late to be put to press…yes, the best-laid plans right?  

Soft cover of my upcoming book
I got word earlier today that my book has now been placed in the "coming soon" section of my publishers online bookstore, with general publication to follow in the Kindle, Kobo, Apple, Indigo and Barnes & Noble online bookstores within the coming week.  Once I get the final link I will post it to my blog.   For now you can preview it by clicking on this link - Indelible Adventures.

Still I'm not too worried or frustrated to be honest, I know it’s just a matter of days and the book will be out and so I'm just counting my blessings.  

What a great way to start the New Year. J

Actually, sometimes the best-laid plans have a life of their own and turn everything upside down for the best as well.  I would never have guessed that when I started writing the stories of my life for Zach and Sami that it would turn into such a popular blog, nor that it would become a published book.

My initial aim was to document the stories of my life for Zach and Sami so that they have a living memory of their dad and his life’s adventures.  Well, I’d say that I've accomplished that plus a little more as this week’s blog marks the 120th story (including my Kokoda blog) and over 33,000 readers and counting.

It seems like a lifetime ago that I started writing my blog, and yet it doesn’t all at the same time...  I've looked forward to my weekly ritual of writing and publishing every Friday night for the past two plus years but it seems that I'm at a natural break point with my first book being published “momentarily”.  

I’ve got to tell you that I've enjoyed writing my stories for you, seriously who knew I had so many to tell.  I also know that from all of your emails, comments and support that I wouldn't have written a book without your love and support.

That being said I have two other book ideas in the works and so in the New Year I will begin devoting my time and energy to those projects, hence this will be the last of my Indelible Adventures blogs.  Feel free to continue to pass on the link to your friends and family, the more readers the better! 

I thank you for your generosity, love and support.

Ciao 

TW



4 comments:

  1. hey - i keep checking apple (both via iTunes and iBooks), and at least in the US, i'm not finding your book! what's up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of
    any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.
    Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy
    reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.



    Here is my web blog - this domain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - if you use Blogger (this website engine), its a selection that you can turn on and off in the settings menu. Not sure what other blog engines have available.
      Good luck!
      TW

      Delete